It’s true that chemicals are used in many of the things we use daily – but it’s not the industry or politicians that decide about the cleaning materials or detergents we use in our homes, the cosmetics and skin care products that we put on our skins, how we cook our food, how clean we keep the air in our homes, the food we eat or what we drink. This is totally up to us. The challenge is to know how to make the best choices.
Here are a few steps we all can take towards creating a cleaner home environment.
- Plastic in combination with food
- Plastic cooking utensils
- Plastic in a microwave oven
- Air fresheners and deodorizers
- Chemical cleaning and disinfecting chemicals – try baking soda and lemon
- Bottles that contain perfume, triclosan, phosphates and detergents with enzymes
- Support the completion of Toxxscan a database of known chemical health risks.